Local Search & Retail Success, Where to Next?
Thanks to Google Places, finding a product or service is easier than ever before. More locally based businesses are benefiting from Google Places as it opens up their position to locals making it easier for their potention customers fine their products or services when they need them.
According to Google, one out of every five searches is related to a location based products or services and Google Places is they key facility that focuses on this aspect.
Top 10 Google Places Advantages For Retailers
- Google Places listings are a free service and relatively easy to setup. All you need to do is setup an account, follow the step by step instructions and confirm your listing location.
- With your new Google Places listing, new customers are delivered straight to your door without having to pay for an advertisement or jump through hoops to setup an account.
- While a retail store front adds credability to your business, you don’t need to have one or even a website to get accepted into Google Places as it is designed to suit almost any businesses, organisation, small or large with or without a physical address.
- Your contact information, phone, mobile, fax, email and location is displayed in your listing. This allows customers to find your business and get the information they need on the spot.
- With an optimised Google Places listing, your business listing will appear in the first position of Google Places and Google Maps search results.
- "Locally based" users searching for your products or servicea on a mobile phone will find your listing at the top of search results as phones can pinpoint your exact location.
- You can add and change as many promotions, offers, discounts and coupons as often as you like and there are comissions, service fees or hidden contracts.
- Add to your Google Places listing, logo's, product, service or business photos, videos, price lists, menu's or anything else that helps to highlight your products or services.
- For the advanced search marketing specialists, Google Places also allows them to optimise and add citations which will help with your keyword ranking.
- Financially the reward of making it so easy for new customers to find your products or services will have an impact on your sales. Based on Google Places listinge being free, it makes them the most cost effective advertising tool with the highest return on investment.
If you own a business and targeting local customers, using Google Places is one of the best things you could do for the growth of your business. If you aren’t already using Google Places, now is the time to considering it for your business. Getting your business listed is easy and can be done in just three steps, best of all, Google Places is a free service and it is upto you as a business owner to make the best of it.